Last night I dreamt I was under attack. I was defending a "grand house" (not quite a mansion?) on the shore, against an invader on a ship. He sent waves of men ashore who fought with my men. They wiped each other out.
He had exhausted his normal soldiers, so began sending special attackers. Attackers who used magic. (yes, there was magic in my dream... get over it) My wizards met theirs, and great puffs of smoke revealed only a couple of my men remained. I went to a room where I had a powerful telescope, and watched as he sent a handful more to his boats to come ashore. I found that if I could see their eyes through the telescope, I could project to their minds. I made man after man go into a catatonic state, stumble, and fall into the sea. This attacker must have had greatly advance knowledge, as he detected my trick. A barrage of rockets hit near me, destroying my telescope. I could just make out his last boat, and five people boarding it.
They landed, and I could feel his presence. He came ashore with his last boat! I headed to the field in front of the house, with my last few men, and met them.
His last group appeared unarmed. One woman approached me and reached for my sword. One of my men intercepted, and grabbed her hand. She touched him with her other hand, and my man crumbled away to dust. A flurry of arrows sailed from my side into theirs, quickly dispatching the witch, and three others in their party. The arrows seemed to vanish as they reached the one remaining man. That was him! He raised his hand and the arrows reappeared, in flight at my archers, all dead before their bodies fell to the earth. He made off for the house. but stumbled as he negotiated the path, and I caught up with him. I reached for him and he transformed into a butterfly, nearly eluding my grasp. I grabbed at him, and somehow caught him between my fingers. I looked at my hand, and he had transformed again, into a small feather. This great magician, somehow unable to attack without his companions, could only pretend to be something harmless. I held the feather down, and drew my knife-blade across it, separating the downy base from the colourful end. Before my eyes, the feather burned, without flame, to a pile of ash, then blew away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment