Friday, July 4, 2008

Strange Dream

I was traveling in the middle east. The only method we had to travel was by scooter. Not like a Vespa, but the little aluminum scooters, like a razor scooter, but with gas engines. The road was just as wide as a four lane highway, but it had never been paved. The surface was bare rock, dirt and gravel, yet somehow the scooters did ok. Mine was out of gas, but I kept up with the others just fine.
Next, I was on a rocky outcropping above the road. I was moving around, trying to find a ledge I could jump from, that wouldn't be so high as to kill myself. There was a way down, but for some reason I wanted to find the perfect height ledge. There was a woman on the road below, watching me. I've never seen her before.
Then I'm in the bushes behind a house, it doesn't seem like the middle east any more. The house has a deck attached, over the bushes. I climb up onto the deck, and the woman is there. She's American, and introduces herself as a doctor, an army colonel with the "____" project. She told me in the dream, but the name's gone. She's whispering, because she doesn't want the others in the house (dinner party for the project?) to know she's talking to me.
I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment